Sunday 10 June 2012

What I've Been Up To Lately...

    After completing the props for our school's play last month I was asked to make props for three plays that the local theatre company (who teach an in-school drama program) will be performing at our school.

    I've been busily getting all their props ready and this is what I accomplished for the first play, "Willabella Witch's Last Spell" 

Witch's Fireplace
(acrylic on cardboard appliance box)
The full stone wall is actually the side wall of the fireplace when the box is formed

Below are details from the fireplace mantle - complete with
a functioning bat wing cupboard to hold Willabella's wand!






For this play I also need to create a spinning wheel and this is what fell out of the brush :  

Complete with a metallic 'needle' (made from tinfoil)
to prick Sleeping Beauty's finger...   



    Sometimes a crazy one-week deadline and a little bit of inspiration allows me to come up with some creative things! I'm happy with how this fireplace and spinning wheel came together!  It was also fun practicing with my acrylic paints because acrylics are not my comfort zone...

    ♥ Cath-

P.S. I'll post photos of the other props I completed for the other two plays later in the week, God willing!
   
   


No comments: