Sunday 2 December 2012

These Are a Few of My Favourite Things!

A Few of My Favourite Things
(Sing to the tune: 'My Favorite Things' sung by Julie Andrews in 'The Sound of Music')
Christmas tree sparkling and Christmas wreath hanging,
Fresh cedar garland and jingle bells clanging,
Cheery red ribbon all tied up in bows.
Time to get into my comfiest clothes!

Pure butter shortbread and gingerbread cookies
All the great recipes not used by rookies
The wonderful joys that this season brings
These are a few of my favourite things!!
When Jack Frost bites, when the snow stings,
When I'm feeling low...
I simply remember my favourite things,
and my heart regains its glow!


    I was inspired to write these words when I sat down after a long day of baking crisp, buttery shortbread cookies, helping my children set up and decorate the Christmas tree and decorating the front porch with fresh garland and pretty plaid ribbon.

    God has blessed each of us with so many blessings - we just need to open our eyes and hearts to see them all!!  Gratitude and appreciation for God's blessings will always give us something to sing about!!


"Everybody knows a turkey and some mistletoe, help to make the season bright..." 


    I made this watercolour design for a holiday card - not everyone 'got it' but I still enjoy it myself!  I loved working on it and using so many fun colours on the light strings.  There are so many fun pictures to paint when you listen to the classic "Christmas Song" (a.k.a. "Chesnuts Roasting on an Open Fire").  This picture reminds me of yesterday - a big turkey (me) being assisted by two cute l'il bunches of mistletoe (kids) helping to decorate the house, making the season cheery and bright! : ))

Cath-


No comments: