Tuesday 5 February 2013

Daydreaming...



"Daydreaming About You"
(watercolour, original approx. 5x5")


      This happily occupied elephant was one of the very first watercolours I painted, almost 6 years ago.  I painted this in my Curry's brand hardcover sketchbook (plain regular sketchbook paper!) and continued to fill the sketchbook page with doodles and some other paintings, which may show up later this month on my blog.

    I've always been a "see-what-you-can-accomplish-with-what-you-have" kinda girl, especially when it comes to art and art supplies.  So when I wanted to make some greeting card designs I used what I had: my sketchbook and some old tubes of watercolours!  I've since 'upgraded' to some hand-me-down pan paints and the least expensive watercolour blocks I can find but I still love looking through my sketchbook from 2007 and seeing all the little paintings that now reside with its covers!

    I hope you can be inspired to just pick up a scrap of paper, grab a pen, pencil, marker, crayon, whatever you have nearby and just draw, doodle, create!!  Anyone can be creative!  You don't need expensive supplies - you just need to begin!

    ♥ Cath- 

          

No comments: