Saturday 2 November 2013

What a Fox!

    I've been busy with a rather large painting commission and every once in a while I just need a break from it because well, how do I put this... the work doesn't smile back at me!

    When the choice is mine of what I paint I will always begin with an animal of some sort, sometime they're serious and sombre but most of the time they are smiling...

    During a recent 'break' I created a new character - an animal I have not attempted before but have always wanted to develop... I chopped some paper down to "fun-size'" and inspiration soon took over!

    Introducing the flagship member of my newest card line:
 "Woodland Tails"

"Fox" 
(watercolour, approx 3.5" x 5")

 I love how Fox turned out but I "dearly love to laugh" so I just had to see if I could get him to smile!

Well, it turns out Fox quite enjoyed my sense of humour because 
not only did I get him to smile - I got him to laugh!!

"Laughing Fox"
(watercolour, approx. 3.5" x 5")

After that I just sat and watched him for a bit... a butterfly flitted into the li'l clearing 
where Fox was relaxing and I was able to capture a bit of their interaction:
 
"Fox and Butterfly"
(watercolour, approx. 3.5" x 5")


Other animals have already been added to the Woodland Tails family!
You'll have to check back often as I begin to introduce them!

Cath- 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

These painting are wonderful. I love the fox, he looks so sweet!