Thursday 9 October 2014

Paws For a Bit, Goldens


What would I do without friends?

I've been blessed with wonderful friends - I thank God for them often!

When I posted that didn't have a good idea for a golden retriever card
a great friend of mine messaged me with an idea.


She suggested something about "The Golden Rule"

I thought about it, either too much or not quite enough, 
- haven't quite figured that out yet -
but I went ahead and sketched out my idea...

The Golden Rule: "Treat other people the way you would want to be treated."
The Golden Retriever has gifted his people with presents of bones, fire hydrants, tennis balls, 
a perfectly grilled steak on a silver platter and what seems to be the cat wrapped up...

Don't be distressed if you don't get it... my husband and my friend were a bit stumped about it too:
"I didn't get it until you explained it."             "Nah, you're working too hard for the joke." 

So, after a further suggestion by my wonderful friend, 
I had a more simplified idea to sketch...

I was ready to go with it, but then my sister made an additional 
suggestion that created a new take on the idea in my head!

 Card interior:
"Thank you again for all that you do,
I hope one day I can do the same for you!!

  Cath-

No comments: