Saturday 15 November 2014

Cozy Up For Christmas

There is something wonderful about putting on a cozy something!

A cozy sweater that keeps the chill away...
A cozy pair of socks before slipping your feet between the cool bedsheets...
A cozy pair of mitts are the perfect barrier from the cold air while out of doors...
and how about a cozy scarf that not only keeps the wintry cold out 
but also adds a splash of colour and flair to any outfit!!

I love scarves!
I loved my great grandfather's scarf - an simple yet elegant black flannel with small black
 buttons that allowed the scarf to lay flat and be buttoned like a shirt - nice and neat!
I loved my classic red plaid scarf made from fine soft wool!
I love my fuchsia pashmina that I use as a winter scarf - it can hang straight,
be tied up in any fancy knot or twist, or I can toss an end over my shoulder for a dramatic look 
I don't often go for drama - but when I do...

As you all must know by now I also love dogs!
If you didn't happen to know that, check out some of my past blog posts:
Here, here, here, here, and here for a few examples!  

Well, if you can put two things together that you love - that makes it even better right?!
Exactly.

So let's "Cozy up for Christmas" with a new holiday card design series:
 "Dogs With Scarves"
       
I will post three 'Dogs With Scarves' designs each day 
for the next several days. When I have posted them all I will
begin to feature the holiday cards I have created using
my 'Dog With Scarves' designs!

So if you aren't already following me, why don't you take a few moments
to type your email in the little spot over on the right hand margin! 
Don't worry, we'll wait for you before we continue on.

...

...

Okay, that took a little longer than I thought, but it's all good! It's all good!

On to the new 'Dogs With Scarves' designs! 

"Duncan"
(watercolour)

Oh, c'mon you knew I had to feature a collie first!! 
Duncan is wearing the timeless "Duncan" clan tartan/plaid.

Okay... on to the next!
 
"Marie A. Toinette" 
(watercolour)

~ Can you guess this lovely poodle's middle name??


"Red"
(watercolour)

Red is his favourite colour - it seemed only appropriate it be his name too!


God willing, I will post the next three "Dog With Scarves" on Monday!

In the meanwhile, I hope you stay cozy as the cold
weather begins to settle in for the season!
Cath-

No comments: